If you’re in the Triangle area of North Carolina, you may be interested in some of my upcoming temari classes. (If you’re not local, see the link at the bottom for online classes by Barb Suess.)
Temari Beginners’ Boot Camp in Your Living Room (or other location of your choice)!
In July and August, I ran two of these classes, and I think they went well! Both groups were able to get through the basics of making a temari core and learned at least the beginning of all three designs in a six-hour class. However, now I’m going to try something new: Since some people have said that location and scheduling was an issue, I’ll let you decide that part! If you have a group of at least three (3) people that are interested in learning the basics of temari, just tell me the when and where, and I’ll bring the whole set-up to you. (If you’ve already done the boot camp and are interested in setting up a follow-up class, that works, too!)
Some things to keep in mind:
- I live in Durham, NC, so if you could make it somewhere within reasonable driving distance, that’d be appreciated. (Also, I am very much not a morning person, so if driving to get there would require me to get up at 5am, you’re less likely to get high-quality and enthusiastic instruction. Just thought I’d warn you.)
- You need to allow seven (7) hours for the class, six for instruction and one for lunch. If you’d like a shorter class, we can change the number and type of designs to be learned.
- You’ll need to have places for people to sit at a table, so there’s room to spread out supplies and set pincushions, etc.
What: In this class you will learn to:
- Make and wrap a ball core from scratch
- Measure and mark the ball
- Stitch 3 basic patterns, as shown above
When, Where, How Many People: You decide! Email me to set up a class: dkwatson(AT)gmail(DOT)com.
Cost: $60 (+$20 kit fee)
If you are interested in online or advanced local classes, please check out Barb Suess’s class schedule.